Wednesday, February 27, 2013

SharePoint 2013: Listing All Installed SharePoint 2013 Products Installed

Ever since I found PhoeNIX Bird Networks blog post on listing out SharePoint products using PowerShell, I have been using variations of the commands to list out various installed products. During my latest installation repair, I realized that not all SharePoint products or components contain "SharePoint" in the name.

Therefore, I modified the commands slightly to produce a full listing of SharePoint-based products based on the product code:

$listApps=Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product | Where {$_.IdentifyingNumber -like “*90150000-*”}
$listApps | Sort -Property Name | ft -Autosize


Now, the listing produces a much larger and thorough listing of SharePoint components:





You may also view a similiar listing from Central Admin. Simply navigate to your SharePoint Central Administration site and on the main page under Upgrade and Migration, click on "Check product and patch installation status":

 
That brings you to the Manage Patch Status page and lists out the SharePoint 2013 Products on each server:
 

 

The default view is Farm, but you may use the View dropdown menu to select and isolate a particular server in your SharePoint farm.

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,

    How can I find the product code for a SharePoint 2010 installation?


    Thanks,

    Enitan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the prompt response. I was referring to the Identifying number. I found it "90140000" for 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I tired to use your same Powershell, but it kinda hangs. I have SP2013, Stand-alone.

    Thnaks

    ReplyDelete