Tuesday, March 19, 2013

SharePoint 2013: This Page Has Been Declared a Record

During some development and modifications in our staging environment, we would randomly see status messages when attempting to edit pages: "This page has been declared a record or placed on hold and is locked as read-only.".

Initially I didn't understand where this was coming from. It occured on our home page and this morning it occurred on one of my search results pages. However, in my search center I received an error message as well:

 
 
So I checked the Site Contents and looked at the Pages library:

 
I noticed my pages were checked out by the System Account. So I logged in as the System Account and checked the changes back in. That fixed the error message. Thinking back to the home page issue, the Master Page and Page Layouts were checked out by the System Account as well. So apparently when the System Account edits pages and has them checked out, instead of it stating that another user has the page checked out, it displays this more dramatic status message.
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I found this helped me with a scenario with Variations but the thing is why is it declaring a page as a record to begin with??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the feeling is that the system account should not really be making modifications directly. If something becomes checked out, as part of the eHold process, the item is assumed to be a record.

    ReplyDelete

Matched Content