Friday, March 29, 2013

SharePoint 2013: Office Web Apps Issue - We Can't Open This Document - Resolved

I was building out my production environment and configured Office Web Apps as I have done in the past. However, I was receiving an error when attempting to preview search results:

 
 
Sorry, there was a problem and we can't open this document.

Apparently, since I was using HTTP, I needed to perform one more step on the SharePoint 2013 farm. I needed to allow OAuth via HTTP using the following commands:

$config = (Get-SPSecurityTokenServiceConfig)
$config.AllowOAuthOverHttp = $true
$config.Update()



I found this answer in a forum who received the information from here.

I did not have to do this previously when I built my stage environment but I may have been using the SharePoint 2013 Preview version. Now I am using the RTM/Released Version.

I updated my original post to include this step.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matched Content